This handmade face mask is carefully stitched from two layers of highest-quality Kona quilting cotton, with a breathable synthetic chiffon fabric sandwiched in the middle for extra filtration. The fabric is hand-printed with my original, hand-carved floral patterns, using non-toxic, water-based textile inks. I'm hoping that these beautiful handmade cotton masks will make it just a little bit more enjoyable for you or your loved ones to stay safe and protected and keep your community safe too!
"I ordered one of your face masks a few weeks ago and just wore it today. I ordered it because I loved the print, but I was so happy to find that it was so comfortable. I loved the stretchy ties and nose wire... I went back to your site to order a second color."
• washable, reusable
• ear loops can be adjusted with a small toggle for a very comfy & customized fit.
• adjustable wire across the nose helps improve fit & reduce glasses fogging
• double layered quilting cotton is natural and breathable, high thread count for better filtration.
• filter pocket on the inside so you have the option to use an additional filter.
• each mask ships with ONE disposable Filti brand filter already in the pocket, you can wear it with the additional filter or use your own. Additional filters are available here.
• easy to launder in washing machine and dryer.
• hand-printed floral patterns are color-fast.
• finished size approx 7.25" wide by 5.5" high / height from nose and chin is 3".
I hand-carve my original floral patterns into soft printing blocks to create these beautiful, one-of-a-kind hand-printed face masks. Each mask is carefully hand-stitched in limited batches. This new mask pattern has an additional layer of tightly-woven synthetic chiffon fabric to provide additional electrostatic filtration without compromising breathability. This is more structured which reduces the amount of excess fabric covering the face, but designed with enough coverage to keep you covered while talking, etc. The filter pocket is easier to use in this design.
I've created this design and chosen this combination of materials based on this scientific study which indicates that a combination of high-quality cotton with a layer of synthetic fabric can create a very effective mask, as the cotton provides a physical barrier for larger respiratory droplets and the synthetic fabric provides an electrostatic barrier to filter out finer particles. (I found this study referenced in this helpful article from MIT Medical.)
This mask is not medical grade equipment. This mask offers no guarantee of protection. It is intended to help reduce your risk as you perform necessary activities outside the home, as recommended by the CDC.
If you would like to buy one of these hand-printed masks and cannot afford the price, please take a look at my listings for discounted masks. :)